PLEASE REVIEW OUR TEMPORARY COVID-19 CONSIGNMENT GUIDELINES HERE
At My Sister's Closet in Chicago, we have been doing consignment since 1981 and we've established an easy system for you, our consignors, to drop off items for us. We accept only the highest quality brand-name merchandise and over the years we have learned our customer's shopping preferences, so please understand we accept merchandise we believe we can sell for you - it's what our customers are requesting.
Under normal circumstances, appointments are necessary for first timers only. However, please read the temporary Covid-19 Guidelines as we have changed our consignment policy for the safety of our customers and employees,
Existing consignors may drop off Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 10am - 4pm. Please call for a Saturday drop off.
Before bringing items in for consignment, please check our "What We Accept On Consignment" Page
We Accept Items:
- In Rubbermaid-like totes, shopping bags or on hangers
- Seasonal Rotation: Spring & Summer: February - July | Fall & Winter: August - January
We Check For:
- items purchased new within the last two years
- items are authentic
- free of odor (for example: perfume, soap, storage, pet, tobacco & vitamin)
- spots, tears, missing buttons and broken zippers
- missing labels - manufacturing information is intact
- all pieces are included and are functioning
- shoes cleaned on the inside and outside, including soles
Authenticity of Items:
- all designer purses, shoes, sunglasses, scarves and select clothing items are professionally authenticated by an independent fashion appraiser
How You Are Paid For Items That Sell:
- Consignors will receive 40% of the final selling price (minus any taxes or fees) when the total amount of your payment is less than $300.
- Consignors will receive 50% of the final selling price (minus any taxes or fees) when the total amount of your payment is $300 or more.
- All checks are mailed twice a year alphabetically according to the first letter of your last name:
A through G: February & August
H through N: April & October
O through U: December & June
V through Z: January & July